Trust me, this is another breakfast favorite of mine that you’re going to want to try. Easy to make, even more fun to eat.
Recipe Down Below!
- 1 Large potato (or 1 serving of frozen breakfast potatoes)
- 3 Large eggs
- 1-2 Jalapeno
- 1/4 regular white onion
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes (or 1/4 regular tomato)
- 6 Mushrooms
- 1/4 Bell Pepper
- 1 Serving of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (or any breakfast sausage you like
- 2 strips of bacon
- Salt or Seasoned Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- (Optional – your favorite BBQ Rub)
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Scallions for garnish
Kitchen Items Needed:
- Frying Pan or Cast Iron Skillet
- Air fryer or Oven
- If using cherry tomatoes, slice each in half. If using regular tomatoes, just slice/dice to your liking
- If using a regular potato, cut up into small cubes
- Cut up the rest of your veggies
- Chop up your raw bacon
- For the potatoes, start by boiling your cubed potatoes in a pot for about 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are starting to get soft but still holds their shape
- After Boiling, remove from water, pat potatoes dry and coat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. (if you’re using store bought breakfast potatoes, then just skip the first 2 steps and just coat potatoes with olive oil)
- After coating with olive oil, lightly coat your potatoes with your dry seasonings (salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, optional- a dash of BBQ rub) then finish off in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes or in an air fryer at 375 for 15 minutes. Once they are finished, set aside
- In comes our skillet. Place your raw breakfast sausage and chopped bacon in your pan and heat up on medium/high in the skillet. Make sure your sausage is ground up/not in a solid shape. Cook for about 4-5 minutes
- After 4-5 minutes, add in all your chopped veggies except for your tomatoes and mix together and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Next, lower your heat to a medium, then add in your potatoes you set aside from earlier, and then your tomatoes and mix the contents of your skillet all together.
- Once the potato, breakfast meat, and veggie mix are done cooking in your frying pan, make a space for your eggs to settle
- Crack 3 eggs on top of those spaces you made for them
- Put lid on frying pan and cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes or until your sunny side up eggs are done to your liking.
- Once finished, Garnish skillet with your sliced fresh fruit and top with some fresh chopped scallions, red pepper flakes, (salt and pepper if you’d like) then it’s ready to eat.
- As usual, feel free to pair this breakfast/brunch dish with a Mimosa, cheers!
Like the previous skillet breakfast recipe I posted, you can add whatever vegetables or breakfast meats to your liking.