To say life has been HECTIC lately would be the understatement of the year. With Kamalu and his team making it to the Super Bowl (Go Pats!), I’ve been moving a mile a minute for the past couple days with planning and logistics.
Through all the fast moving moments, finding time to cook – let alone cook a HEALTHY meal – can be non-existent. Luckily, this meal I made on my Instagram Story a couple weeks ago was not only super simple to make, but it was also done in less than 30 minutes, and it’s has some of those healthy green vegetables my body has been craving (thankfully so – I’m really trying to eat more veggies this year).
I love easy quick meals that I can quickly throw together at the end of a long day, or can quickly prepare for a quick lunch. This recipe will definitely be a reoccurring addition to my diet. Recipe for this dish down below!
- 2 Salmon Fillets (about 3 oz each)
- 2 – 3 servings of broccoli
- 1 package of zucchini noodles (about 10 oz)
- 1/4 cup of Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp of Honey (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tbsp of corn starch
- 6 tbsp of Sesame Seed Oil or Avocado Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- (optional) Dice up your salmon into cubes
- pre-season your salmon with a dash of salt and pepper
- For our salmon, place 3 tablespoons of sesame seed oil (or avocado oil) in a cast iron skillet or frying pan, then heat up on medium
- Add in your salmon Cubes and brown each side – should take 30-60 seconds for each side to brown
- Lower your heat to a medium-low temperature, add in your broccoli, mix together with the salmon, then let simmer for about 2-3 minutes
- For the sauce, place 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce, 1 tsp of Chili Garlic Sauce, 1 tsp of honey or brown sugar, and 1/4 tbsp of corn starch in a small bowl and mix together until blended
- Once your salmon and broccoli have simmered for about 2-3 minutes, add in your sauce, raise your heat to medium-high, stir the contents of your pan together, then let simmer again for another 2 minutes
- For your zucchini noodles, place 3 tablespoons of sesame seed oil (or avocado oil)in a wok or frying pan, then heat up to medium-high
- Add in your 10 oz package of noodles, a dash of salt and pepper, then sauté for about 2-3 minutes if you like your zucchini with a little firmness, or 4-5 minutes for a softer zucchini noodle
- Once done, add your serving in your bowl, add your salmon and broccoli, top with some sesame seeds, then you’re ready to dig in!
Down below is a quick step by step video on how to make this dish!