I’ve been craving seafood lately- scallops to be specific. When I go to one of my favorite local grocery stores, they have the most amazing spread of fresh seafood options for your choosing. I’ve picked my fair share of options from the seafood section when I want to put together a nice surf & turf date night dinner for Kamalu and I. Scallops were what I had a taste for – which was perfect because I got the yummiest Lemon Butter Dill Seafood Sauce (by McCormick) the other day.
Lemon Pepper pairs so well with the Scallops, and served on top of some arugula is tasty beyond belief! I’ve made this meal so many times this past week – I can’t get enough! It’s light and refreshing, but also very filling.
Recipe down below!
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 4-5 Large Scallops
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Seasoned Salt (regular salt works also)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Dill
- Lemon Butter Dill Sauce (By McCormick, will also list a homemade recipe)
I love the Lemon Butter Dill Sauce by McCormick, but if you’d prefer to make your own, here’s my yummy and easy to make homemade recipe:
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock or clam juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt for flavor
- Pepper for flavor
- 2 teaspoons of chopped up dill
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
Add all contents into a pot and cook on medium while string for about 5 minutes or until it’s brought to a simmer. Once done, let cool then Enjoy!
- Wash Arugula (if needed)
- Pat dry your scallops before seasoning to help ensure a good sear on the scallops
- Hint: A cast iron skillet is best for searing, but a normal frying pan will work as well)
- Slice your lemon in half, use one half to cook the scallops, the other to slice up and eat with your scallop-arugula salad
- Season your scallops with a pinch of each of your dry seasonings: seasoned salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter in your cast iron skillet, and heat up on high.
- Once pan is heated, add in your scallops and sear for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Once you flip your scallops after the first side is done cooking, squeeze some lemon juice on top of your scallops.
- Once the scallops are done cooking, remove from pan and place on top of some arugula.
- Add in your sliced lemons and drizzle your lemon butter dill sauce on top.
- Optional- top each scallop with some fresh dill for garnish.
- Feel free to add some lemon zest by grating some lemon on top of your salad.
*this is not a sponsored post*