Philly. Cheesesteak. Fries. What more needs to be said? This is the ultimate cheat day meal bursting with color, flavor, and all the good feels. If you’ve been keeping up with my Instagram, you’d know this is a meal that I’ve made before; though, I haven’t made it in a while all thanks to my pursuit of cleaner eating habits, but a cheat day meal is deserved every now and then – it’s about balance, am I right?
This meal is easy to make, and requires few ingredients. Read below for a step by step along with pictures and videos on how to make this delectable dish.
Ingredients: for 1 serving
- Steak Fries
- 1 serving of any steak of your choice (I prefer skirt steak for this recipe, but used a chuck eye steak for this recipe)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Detailed Steak Recipe HERE for preparation
- Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 of a 32 oz pack of Velveeta Queso
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Brown Sugar
- Slice up about 1/8 of a white onion
- Slice up about 1/4 of a bell pepper
- Slice up 1-2 Jalapeños
- Slice up about 3-4 mushrooms
- Prepare your steak to the doneness of your liking. Detailed steak recipe HERE. Once done, let rest for 10 minutes and slice up.
- Once steak is flipped add in your vegetable toppings. While sautéing vegetables with the steak, add in salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar on top of the toppings and mix vegetables together. Cook for about 4-5 minutes. Once done, remove and set aside.
- Prepare your Steak fries using either a regular deep fryer, or an air fryer.
- Take 1/4 of a package of Velveeta Queso and place it in a small pot. Add in 1/4 cup of milk and heat up while stirring for 4-5 minutes on low.
- Set up your fries on a plate
- Add on your steak
- Pour on your Queso
- Finish off with your vegetable Toppings
- ENJOY YOUR CHEAT DAY!