Who doesn’t love a good Chinese Takeout? I know I adore any kind of Asian cuisine, but my passion is recreating some of my favorites at home. One of my favorites to order is Orange Shrimp. Kamalu is obsessed with it too, so I definitely needed an at home recipe to quickly recreate this dish for our convenience. Here’s an easy at home recipe to recreate this delicious meal!
Ingredients: (makes about 2 servings)
- 20 pieces of medium sized uncooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
- 10-15 Snap Peas
- 1/3 Cup of Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of white rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of diced fresh ginger (optional)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Peal and remove tail of shrimp (if needed)
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil until hot
- Add your shrimp along with your 1/4 teaspoons each of your salt and pepper, sauté for about 7-10 minutes.
- After 7-10 minutes of sautéing, add your snap peas into the shrimp and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Once done, remove snap peas and shrimp mixture and set aside. Clean your frying pan and heat up again on medium-high
- Once pan is warm, add your measurements of orange juice, soy sauce, corn starch, rice wine vinegar, and (optional) ginger, then continuously stir until sauce has thickened and the solid ingredients (sugar and corn starch) have dissolved. Should take about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add back in your shrimp and snap peas, then keep cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Then you’re done!
- Feel free to eat with any type of side: white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice, noodles, zucchini noodles, etc..
- Optional- sprinkle your toasted sesame seeds on top