Avocado is everything. Let’s just start by saying that. So, it was my pleasure to come up with a fun easy avocado filled breakfast that is outside of your regular avocado toast. I was inspired when I was at the bakery section of my local grocery store. They had these big fluffy, yet crisp and firm, ciabatta rolls; these rolls were big enough to fill with some yummy ingredients for the perfect breakfast. I picked up a couple rolls and got down to business in the kitchen.
Ingredients Needed: Makes 1 serving
- Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 Avocado (or 2, depending on the size of your roll)
- 2 strips of Bacon (I used Jalapeno Bacon)
- Baby Spinach
- 1 Egg (or 2, depending on the size of your roll)
Food Prep Needed:
- Thinly slice off the top of the ciabatta bread, then use your hands to gently hollow out the inside. Be careful not to make a hole through the outside layer of the bread
- Cook your bacon to your liking
- Melt your butter
- Chop up your bacon and slice your avocado
Directions: Along with numbered directions, I’ve included step by step picture directions to follow along with!
1. Start off with your hollowed out ciabatta roll
2. Brush the inside of it with melted butter and broil in oven on low for 3-5 minutes
3. Add a layer of bacon
4. Add a layer of avocado
5. Add a layer of baby spinach
6. Crack an egg on top
7. Place roll on sheet of aluminum foil and wrap aluminum foil around the edges, leaving the top open.
8. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes
What I like best about this recipe is that it doesn’t have to be just an avocado toast themed breakfast bowl! You can edit/alter the layers and ingredients anyway you like. Tomatoes, some fresh pico de gallo, or sautéed onions would be an excellent addition to this dish.