During the weekends, Kamalu and I love to have brunch. Whether it’s eating eggs and bacon in our PJ’s at noon, or going to some of our favorite brunch spots, brunch is definitely a great meal to make any weekend complete.
We ran out of eggs this morning, so I ran to the grocery store to scoop up some, and while I was there, I walked past some Nutella that reminded me of one of Kamalu’s favorite things to order; he loves any place that makes Nutella French Toast with strawberries added on the side. So I still got the eggs, but ditched our eggs and bacon idea because I wanted to give an at-home version a try. I thought that would pair perfectly with some fresh apples topped with a drizzle of caramel, and some crispy bacon (because…. bacon, right?).
French toast is super easy to make, my mom used to make it for me all the time growing up. The rest of the items needed for this easy breakfast are just your run of the mill regular grocery store items.
I sadly couldn’t indulge in this delicious brunch today because I’m trying to get in better shape this year. So for breakfast, I had a bowl of oatmeal with some freshly chopped green apples added in, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. I will FOR SURE eat this brunch on one of my cheat days.
The details of this brunch is down below so you can enjoy this delicious meal at home for yourself. Even better, it only took about 15 minutes to make! Feel free to eat with your favorite brunch drink.
Shopping List (if you don’t already have these items at home): 2 Servings
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Milk
- White (or wheat) bread
- Butter (or nonstick spray for a pan)
- Fresh Strawberries & Blueberries (I found a pack at the store that came with both, but feel free to buy separate if you can’t find a mixed pack of berries)
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Green Apples
- Caramel Dip
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add vanilla, milk, a dash of cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then mix contents together until completely blended.
- Heat up frying pan on medium and lightly coat with butter or nonstick spray.
- Once frying pan is heated, dip your slices of bread in your egg mixture, coating each side. Then, place on frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (or until each side is golden brown). Once done, wait for bread to cool a little.
- Once French Toast is cooled, spread Nutella on each piece and put together like a sandwich, then slice diagonally. Place berries on top of French Toast to your liking. Drizzle your syrup over the berries and French Toast then top with whip cream and powdered sugar.
- Once French Toast is finished, feel free to add bacon (or whatever breakfast meat suits you). I also added apples with caramel to eat with the French Toast. I bought a package of pre sliced green apples, but if you can’t find those, just buy a regular apple and sliced it. I put the caramel dip into a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in it so I can drizzle the caramel on top of the apples as shown.
This brunch was so quick to make, I even had time to make 2 extra plates for the girls!
*this is not a sponsored post*