This garlic butter flank steak is definitely one of my favorites to whip up for a quick dinner. Even better, it’s made with very few ingredients, and those ingredients can all be found at your typical grocery store.
- Flank Steak
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Rosemary (Optional)
- Fresh Thyme (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Olive Oil
Kitchen Items Needed:
Cast Iron Skillet
Food Prep Needed:
Peal the cloves of garlic (3)
1. Season your cut of flank steak to your liking with salt and pepper.
2. Pour enough olive oil in your cast iron skillet to thinly coat the bottom, then heat pan up on stove at a medium-high temp.
3. Put the peeled cloves of garlic in first, then add 1 tablespoon of butter (and the optional ingredients if you choose) in the pan and let first cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add the flank steak into the pan and let it sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side. While searing, but cloves of garlic (and optional ingredients) on top and use a spoon to scoop up the garlic butter-olive oil mix while cooking.
5. To check the doneness of the steak, a food thermometer comes in handy! (You can buy this at a store, like Walmart for example, for about $5). I like my steak rare, so I know it’s done when the internal temperature is about 125°F.
6. Once done, remove steak from pan and let it rest for 10 minutes (trust me, this steak is important)